Sr. Firmware Engineer
M-Labs is a leading provider of high-performance, small form-factor tracking systems for the vehicle recovery, fleet, trailer, and asset tracking industries. Our team has years of experience in developing complex wireless and communications systems. We have shipped several millions of vehicle tracking devices operating on all major cellular networks.
We are seeking an enthusiastic embedded software engineer to be a key team member in the design, implementation, and verification of our asset tracking devices and sensory accessories. The Sr. Firmware Engineer will become an integral part of our company and will work as part of a small, multi-disciplinary development team to design, construct and deliver software/firmware for our current and next generation products.
- Work independently on project tasks as well as work as a team member of a larger project team.
- Collaborate with hardware/system design engineers to define the product feature set and work within a product development team to deliver firmware that meets or exceeds product requirements.
- Engage with customers and product managers to define requirements, develop software architecture, and plan development in dynamic, evolving customer driven environment.
- Deliver innovative solutions from concept to prototype to production.
- Conduct/participate in engineering reviews to provide technical input on product designs and quality.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise implemented functionality.
- Document software designs.
- Troubleshoot and remove defects from production software.
- Communicate and interact with team and customers to clearly set expectations, share technical details, resolve issues, and report progress.
- Participate in brainstorms and otherwise contribute outside your area of expertise.
- BSc degree or higher in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent (MSc preferred)
- At least 5 years of industry experience in real-time embedded systems and data communication devices development (experience with cellular data communication devices is a plus)
- Proficient in C/C++ programming language
- Experience and knowledge with communication protocols, host interfaces and peripherals
- Comfortable with lab environment, including system bring up, testing, and debugging; familiar with basic lab equipment.
- Strong capability in diagnosing and root-causing problems with various SW and HW tools
- Highly organized, hands-on, roll-up-their-sleeves doer, detail-oriented
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and management
- Team player
- Strong self-initiative
Orange County, CA
Apply to this job by sending your resume to email@example.com